DATAMARK Team Expands Technical Public Safety GIS Team to Support NG9-1-1 Deployments
The DATAMARK team at Michael Baker International has expanded to include new technical experts in GIS data analysis, product management, quality assurance, and support. The new technical staff members will ensure DATAMARK customers have access to the technical expertise and resources needed to successfully transition to NG9-1-1. This follows DATAMARK’s announcement of DATAMARK VEP, a SaaS solution revolutionizing the transition to NG9-1-1, and the addition of public safety and GIS experts.
“Our new technical team members are highly experienced data scientists actively working with and educating the public safety community and others integral to the implementation of NG9-1-1,” said Sandi Stroud, Associate Vice President, Public Safety GIS and DATAMARK lead. “The depth of the team’s expertise in 9-1-1 communications and public safety technology will help guide NG9-1-1 strategic planning, policy development, and governance coordination.”
The new technical experts will work with public safety stakeholders to establish and maintain products and workflows for complex GIS databases. They include:
- Keri Brennan – The DATAMARK Product Manager and Certified GISP with 25 years experience, Brennan has worked in many disciplines, from forestry, mining and land records to public safety. She also worked as a GIS consultant for local government and as product manager for a damage assessment application that combined GIS, Assessors and Emergency Management data into a single-source application for collecting damage.
- Beth Christenson – With eight years of experience in public safety GIS, Christenson currently serves as the Quality Assurance Lead for the DATAMARK team at Michael Baker International. Her professional experience includes geospatial analysis, statistics, application development, public safety system configuration, database maintenance, planning and project management within the realm of public safety.
- Monica Balestreri – As a Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) and a Public Safety GIS Technical Specialist for Michael Baker’s DATAMARK team, Balestreri works with the Public Safety GIS expert team to analyze client GIS data.
- Jennifer Dvorsky – A Certified GISP, Dvorsky serves as a Technical Support Lead for Michael Baker’s Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) practice. As Technical Support Lead, she works with the technical team to create a user-friendly, customized training and support on all user guides and other relevant documentation.
- Sarah Finne – A Certified GISP, Finne is a GIS Software Tester & Technical Writer in Michael Baker’s Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) practice. She will work with developers to create a user-friendly, customized web-based geospatial application, perform usability testing, work through bug fixes, and create user guides and other relevant documentation.
- Kelsey Jindra – As a Geospatial Data Scientist with Michael Baker’s Geospatial Information Technology department, she is responsible for the development and implementation of automated processes to create effective solutions for complex database needs. Jindra’s areas of expertise include compliance monitoring, groundwater reporting, environmental modeling, database management, database development, database design and quality control.
The DATAMARK team will be available for meetings and DATAMARK VEP demos in booth #2319A at the Esri User Conference taking place July 9-13 at the San Diego Convention Center.