The Benefits of SaaS based solutions in 9-1-1 Centers
What does SaaS mean to the modern 9-1-1 center? By definition, it means that 9-1-1 centers can take advantage of a cloud-based system to access software solutions, such as DATAMARK VEP, that are secure, cost-effective, easily accessible.
DATAMARK VEP (Validate, Edit and Provision) is a SaaS solution developed to help GIS professionals quickly and efficiently create and maintain high-quality public safety GIS data. VEP’s detailed data validations allows users to easily visualize and remediate their data anomalies, while either maintaining the GIS data within a desktop GIS application or within our advanced editing platform. It also allows data to be provisioned to a host of other GIS enterprise and public safety applications.
Why a SaaS application?
There are many advantages of utilizing a SaaS-based application including limiting the investment in purchasing on-premise software and hardware. Because of this, the SaaS delivery model greatly reduces the time and money spent on installing, managing, and upgrading software and systems. This is a big advantage for government organizations that have limited funding, IT staff and resources.
Other advantages of the SaaS model include:
- Cost – Offers flexible pricing models; requires no need to purchase additional GIS software licenses or maintain hardware.
- Maintenance – Eases the burden on in-house staff; software vendor provides automatic updates and manages software patches.
- Quick deployment – Provides immediate use; the software is accessible immediately after initial purchase and registration.
- Scalability – Ensures easy access for more or fewer features; add or remove users based on business needs.
- Accessibility – Simply requires an active internet connection; compatible across devices, operating systems and internet browsers.
- Integration – In the case of DATAMARK VEP, exports data in custom schemas that can be easily consumed by the existing GIS and public safety public safety applications.
Benefits for PSAPs
As each U.S. city and town prepares for the nationwide upgrade to next-generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) capable systems, public safety and GIS professionals own the responsibility of validating, editing and provisioning GIS data into the Next Generation Core Services (NGCS) environment. A SaaS application for GIS data preparation and maintenance provides easy and consistent access to mission-critical information for life-critical situations. It also helps simplify the transition to high quality public safety GIS data for addressing authorities, GIS and public safety stakeholders because the software is configurable, enabling GIS data consistency in computer-aided dispatch (CAD), CAD mapping, automatic vehicle location (AVL) and other business systems within 911 centers and government enterprises.
DATAMARK VEP is the only true Software-as-a-Service solution purpose-built with public safety and GIS data maintenance in mind. The platform maintains data quality control metrics to support NG9-1-1 core services and quality control requirements for public safety and other business or enterprise systems. The application integrates location data validation functionality and advanced editing capabilities into a platform that is accessible anywhere with an internet connection.
If you are interested in more information about DATAMARK VEP, please visit our website or reach out to speak with an expert from DATAMARK.